Saturday 29 December 2007

Jigsaw Memoirs- 2

Once again I was trying to sleep and as always the goddess of sleep had decided to betray me! I could never guess, whether she did not want me to lose to
Nocturnal mistress or she just loved watching me staring at her in utter darkness...

Whatever little I could manage to sleep, I dreamt a lot...doesn't Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our
Lives, away from prying eyes and worldly discriminations?

Suddenly a harsh noise disrupted my thought pattern...it was a sound of broken glass...
For once, I did not want to move but then I did.

The old lady was sitting blank...I glanced at her once...and silently picked up the broken pieces of glass...

She started at me...a poisonous, humiliatin stare, it was...just the way it was yesterday and day before yesterday and don’t remember now, since when!...

Even in a world of make believe, there has to be rules and here rule was my familiarity.
I was always very familiar with that stare...that particular...ever so consistent stare gave me a comfort...i was scared of imagining any other stare in those
Cold, brutal pair of hollow eye sockets...and I am comfortable with those eyes for more than two decades...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tring tring! Tring tring!
"Daniel"?
Yes...i replied...
"Another assignment is awaiting you!"...

I headed for my destination...closing the door behind..."
knocked the door.

A pretty lady with luscious long hair opened the door! There is something magical about long hair! Reminiscent of a web of dark clouds where you feel like
Drowning yourself and never to get up again...

I controlled my aesthetic emotions...and forced my way in...
A man in his mid-thirties and a 4-5 year old kid were dining together...the pretty lady seemed to be last cog in the complete family wheel.

What do you want? The person demanded!

"Your life"!!..I replied...

A faint line of glistening sweat started bustling on his forehead...

“You seemed to forget your deadline! I will count till five...i need the entire cash right in front of me!..”

"1......2......."

"I..... Cant... Ma..na..ge.."

3....4....5!

I smiled and said..."congratulations! You just wasted 5 seconds of your life! You fail! "

Who can pass judgement into foolish circle of war? I, all of a sudden, smiled to think that there is pride in bloodshed...

Three gun-shot!

It was all over...very swiftly...as always!

And a small family died happily ever after!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, old lady in question was, rather is, my mother...!
Since the time, I woke up to this world; I have always found her like this...

Few whispers say, I am an illegimate child!

Few other opine, old lady is an unwed mother...my father left her behind after conceiving me...

Few other knowledgeable persons claim, they had married, and after my birth, for some mysterious reasons, my mother poisoned him!..
(Poison must be very cheap compared to a human's life then...)

Few other more familiar and self-confessed intellectuals revealed I was adopted. But I came as a curse to this family and snatched my father's life and
Mother could never recover from that setback and lost her mental equilibrium...
Lastly, some dying whispers said, she had a very colourful youth. She is said to bless many thirsty souls, taking them under her ever flowing fountain of beauty
and amorosity!

Sometime one should just suck lies like sweet wine and some other time, I believed in, lies which were told to me...it helps in making the difference between truth and
Fiction going blurred...

I accepted all of the reasons and divine truth said above...Infact I might go on for long to justify one point and own another indefensible but then it is more
Honest to confess at once how little I am touched by the desire of accuracy...!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel and that’s me, was known as a hard-working, no-nonsense lecturer. I used to teach clinical psychology.
That was my day time profession...far more respected profession than my actual, dark, passionate deeds performed in the silence of nights!

and i loved being isolated and focussed on task at hand...whatever it was!

I was relatively young when I joined this and as youth has it; this girl Amanda caught my fancy!
A brat to the core, she was an arrogant and badly behaved woman! But then, well behaved women rarely make history!
Chiselled features...well proportionate body...dusky...and not without my weak spot, long hairs....! But in the hindsight, she was far from perfect but then there is no such thing As perfect...a thing like flawless beauty would be blank without any appeal and character. Its scars (internal or external) are what define it and what
Inspires emotion... and from that moment, it becomes art...

She was junior to me and I could feel some, about to be ignited. long lost passions! I tried being oblivious to it but my ever so suppressed emotions were
Getting better of me...

every time, My common sense told me to listen to my muse; and everytime,even more fiercely, my muse told me to disregard my common sense! I knew, love heals but
Then for me hatred healed better than love!
Struggle was going on…..

No comments: